rsync is an open source utility that provides fast incremental file transfer. rsync uses the “rsync algorithm” which provides a very fast method synchronization of two server.
Grsync is the Graphical Front-end for rsync.
Some features of rsync include
* can update whole directory trees and filesystems
* optionally preserves symbolic links, hard links, file ownership, permissions, devices and times
* requires no special privileges to install
* internal pipelining reduces latency for multiple files
* can use rsh, ssh or direct sockets as the transport
* supports anonymous rsync which is ideal for mirroring
Install grsync in ubuntu
Open a terminal and type
or use Synaptic package manger